Sunday, May 18, 2008

Article #5 - Social Networking

I found the reading interesting because of the numbers and statistics involved. I'm a visual person, and when I can put a number with a piece of information, it is a lot more helpful. It difficult to comprehend how quickly sites like myspace(217 million users) and facebook(58 million) have expanded. It goes to show that we are truly living in a technological society. Some of the information I learned about wikipedia was also very interesting to me. There are times that I have used wikipedia for one thing or another, never knowing that users have the capability of editing the site's content. The fact that it is a nonprofit organization was also compelling. Granted they do have a pretty big group (Yahoo) backing them up. After reading the article, I thought to myself, how far the internet has come, and better yet, how much further we will be able to take it.

No comments: